Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I Burn For You (Primes Series Book 1)

I Burn For You By Susan Sizemore

Back cover synopsis:

     Battling the dark hollows of his soul, vampire Alec Reynard undergoes secret medical treatments that allow him to bear daylight.  Living a double life as a bodyguard, he must also battle his powerful attraction to Domini Lancer, a mere mortal--and, unbelievably, his soul mate.  When danger threatens, he kidnaps Domini to protect her but wonders: will she accept the darkness within him--or is she a vampire slayer who's cleverly infiltrated his clan?

I read this series a little out of order.  I bought the last book in the Prime Series not knowing it was part of a whole world.  When I was done reading it, I was sad because I didn't want it to end, so I went online to see what else the other had out there and found out that I had read book nine in the series.  Captivated by the world that I was just submersed in, I ran right out and bought the whole series.  I have to say that I loved the first book as much as I loved the last one.

Domini Lancer is a body guard in one if the most successful agencies around (her grandfathers) and is good at what she does.  When it comes to business, she doesn't mess around or let personal things get in the way.  Even when her feelings and dreams about the new member of their team start to make her life a little more difficult.

Alec Reynard is not who he claims to be.  Yeah, he's a Delta boy, an elite branch of the military, but he is also a vampire trying to survive.  That's why he was here, to get the treatment so he could keep living his life in the daylight and keep protecting the humans that he swore an oath for.  He goes to a secret clinic to get help with his condition.  As part of the treatment, he has to get a job to keep him busy.  Little did he know that that little task would be his undoing because in finding a job he also found his bond mate.

As if Alec didn't have enough to worry about with the drugs not working, but now he has to be around the woman that he is ment to be with forever everyday and cant have because that would mean introducing her to his darker, feral side that is on the verge of winning his sanity.

Domini is not sure why this guy excites her so, he seems to dangerous for his own good, but has done nothing but be the perfect partner.  All she wants to do is protect her client and do her job, but she can not take her mind off of Alec.  When her life is suddenly thrown into more danger than normal being a body guard, her world flips upside down as she is saved in more ways than one by Alec.

Domini will be his and after saving her life, he starts to show her just how much she means to him.  Even after she discovers who and what he is, neither one can deny what they feel for each other.

     People fall in love in less than an instant.  Some people fall in love before they ever meet.

     "I've been looking for you all my life," he said.  "You've no idea how long that's been."

     His words hit Domini with a double punch that sent her reeling.  He loves me.  He's a telepath.  He loves me.  He's talking inside my head.  He loves me.  He can read my mind.  Can you read my mind?

     Yes


After the initial shock of who and what he is, Domini realizes that she cant fight what she feels anymore.

     He took Domini's hands and asked, "You love Reynard?"

     "Yes," she answered, without hesitation.

     She hadn't realized until this moment that she had no doubts, no questions, about what he was, what they had, and what they could build.  Even if he wanted her to have lots of babies, when they were ready for them.  Besides, Grandpa had been nagging her for great-grandchildren.


Even with this realization, what will Domini do about her love when every time she turns around someone is threatening her life, or his family is butting in or hers is keeping secrets that should not be kept.  You will have to see how she deals with all of this yourself.  Welcome to the world of the Primes!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment